Are you planning to continue your post-secondary education? The TRIO Association of Texas is very curious to announce the Walter O. Mason Educational Foundation and the Matthew W. Taylor Fellowship to all high school graduates. That they are members of the Texas TRIO Association and have worked or have knowledge as a program director. The process of this scholarship has been kept simple for all students to enjoy its amazing benefits. Prize selection will be made based on academic performance and student membership.
The mission of the TRIO Association of Texas is to propel students up the ladder of success and to encourage every individual to acquire higher education. The association is concerned about the future of students lacking financial support. With these students in mind, the association launched this scholarship for needy and supportive students.
The TRIO Association of Texas works wholeheartedly to help and support students in a variety of ways. The TRIO Association of Texas understands that school completion is complex and of parallel importance when considering student expenses. To help them adequately in their needs, these scholarships were launched; The TRIO Association of Texas has an excellent view of higher student scores. The association is ready to take the initiative to improve the careers of eligible students for better life opportunities.
Please go through the table below to know more about the scholarship;
|Organization||Texas TRIO Association|
|Educational Level||Graduating senior or postsecondary|
|Number of Awards||Varies|
|Application Deadline||May 1, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Students are requested to go through the eligibility criteria:
- Student must be graduating high school senior of 2020-2021
- Students must have a cumulative GPA score of a minimum of 2.5 or a GED standard score of 2250 (450 average) or more.
- Applicants must be involved in TRIO as active participation for at least one year.
- The fellow must be enrolled for postsecondary education in an accredited institution.
- The applicant must be a program director.
How to Apply
Students must complete the application form, attach all the documents in one file in one pdf, and send it through electronic mode before the deadline. Kindly ensure the information offered by the student is valid. The organization will not accept late submissions. Please provide the data is which is valid.
Few Mandatory documents students need to submit are:
- Student must submit a Personal statement (topic and requirements are mentioned in the application)
- Applicant must submit an essay on the topic:
- An essay that highlights Social issues occurring in Texas.
- The fellow must submit the Resume.
- Applicants must submit a copy of the first page of the 2020-21 Student Aid Report.
- Student must submit the latest transcript (unofficial transcript accepted)
- Fellows must submit Two recommendation letters (one TRIO staff recommendation)
- Applicants must submit the filled application.
The scholarship will help the student to accomplish their goal and reduce their financial stress. The scholarship will allow the students to dream of a better education. The scholarship should only be used for paying academic fees, tuition fees, and academic-related expenses.
All the applications are being accepted till May 1, 2021, so submit your application as soon as possible.