Equality is an important aspect that we must all advance for the development of the country. Jacksonville’s PFLAG is showing its initiation by offering the scholarship to LGBT + students and trying to fit into the community and show its existence. The program shows your interest in LGBT + students who are trying to pursue post-secondary education without hesitation. They believe education can change the world.
They encourage the vision where diversity is accepted, respected, and appreciated by all. They believe in supporting families, allies, and LGBT people. Through this grant, the program attempts to encourage the community to see these people as humans and not otherwise. They believe that starting this scholarship will help this needy student and that educating the LGBT + community will bring great changes to the community. The selection criteria for this scholarship are based on academic performance, your worldview, and financial requirements.
The Jacksonville PFLAG is an organization that works under the guidelines of the IRS; they provide an opportunity for the community, which is always hidden from the public eye. They work for the LGBT + community because they have the firm belief that our support and contribution will help this community to grow stronger and achieve its goal.
Go through the table given below to get more information about the scholarship:
|Organization||PFLAG of Jacksonville|
|Educational Level||Post-secondary or trade school institution|
|Number of Awards||Multiple|
|Application Status||June 1, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Take a look at the points mentioned below to know about the eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be 16 years old and complete high school by 2021 or be engaged in college or university.
- Students must be resident of Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau, and St. Johns counties for at least the last two years
- Applicants must be full-time attendants.
How to Apply
All applicants are requested to take a look at the eligibility criteria and submit all the listed documents accompanied to the completely filled application. Applicants can download the application at the provided link and fill the complete form and send it through email at Scholarship@pflagjax.org along with the documents required.
Applicants are kindly requested to send all the documents mentioned below with the application for being eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicant must deliver a brief speech of 3-5minutes at the annual PFLAG Scholarship Ceremony held in August.
- Fellows must give proof of acceptance from a post‐secondary educational or trade institution for the annual academics.
- Candidates must provide the grades after the completion of the first academic term.
- Applicants must submit a video or a written essay of one page typed about how being a PFLAG scholarship recipient has made it possible for them to achieve or pursue their academic goals and serve the LGBT community.
This scholarship will help LGBT students to complete their academics without facing any obstacles to the finances. The scholarship will illuminate the annual stress of this community’s students. It will help these students to build confidence and face the community. This scholarship must only be occupied for paying the tuition fees, books, and other academics-related expenses. Through this, many students will receive the opportunity to complete their academics without having any burden of the fees,
All applications should be sent before the deadline, June 1, 2021, as late applications will not be accepted.