The NECO GCE Form 2023 is now available. The registration period for the November/December 2023 NECO GCE for external candidates is currently open. The deadline for registering has been extended. We have provided detailed instructions on how to fill out the registration form for external candidates for the 2023 NECO GCE.
The registration process for the 2023 NECO GCE is made to take into account the biometric features that will be used for examination center validation. The cost of the NECO GCE Registration Form is simply N13,350.
All payments should be made into the NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) SSCE (E) NECO portal. See details below.
The registration form is out! The National Examination Council (NECO) has announced the commencement of registration for the 2023 NECO GCE (Second Series) for external candidates. The registration commences on 9th September 2023.
Read on to see the deadline and how to purchase the form and register successfully without any hindrance.
NECO GCE Registration Closing Date 2023
NECO GCE registration period begins on
9th September 2023 and ends on 21st November 2023 at midnight. If you are interested in registering for the 2023 NECO examination for external candidates, then you are advised to register and submit all the required details before the registration deadline.
- Late registration will attract payment of ADDITIONAL One Thousand Naira (N1,000) only.
- Walk-in registration will commence from
22nd November and will end on 21st December. The amount is Twenty Thousand Naira (#25,000.00) only per candidate. Registration must be done a day before the scheduled time of the first subject/paper intended to sit for.
Below is the step-by-step procedures on how to register for the 2023 NECO GCE Examination.
How to Apply for the 2023 NECO GCE Form
Mode of Payment:
Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) are to Visit www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using either their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts and pay into the NECOSA through five payment options.
- ATM Card, Internet Banking, USSD, Wallet, and Bank Branch
Application for Registration:
The registrations are both online and offline. Prospective candidates should visit the Council’s website neco.gov.ng SSCE External link to locate the nearest registration point (Cybercafe) and register at any time within the stipulated registration period. Candidates can also create an account, purchase a registration token and then proceed to the registration point to register.
- A passport size photograph is required for the registration. The candidate’s passport size photograph should NOT be more than SIX MONTHS old and must have a white background. System Camera can also be used to snap the passport size photograph at the point of registration, as the case may be.
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WILL BE CAPTURED DURING THE OFFLINE REGISTRATION OF EACH CANDIDATE.
- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION DURING THE CONDUCT OF THE EXAMINATION.
- CANDIDATES FOUND TO HAVE MISMATCHED FINGERPRINTS AT THE POINT OF VERIFICATION ARE DEEMED IMPERSONATORS AND WOULD BE SANCTIONED ACCORDING TO EXTANT LAWS.
- Create an Account: Create an account by visiting https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng and clicking the Register Here Link.
- Activate Your Account: An activation email will be sent to you. Follow the instructions contained in the email to activate your account. Sometimes the email might end up in your spam folder.
- Login: Visit ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng Use your registered email and password to log in
- Make Payment: Once logged in, you can make payment for SSCE external examination. your payment is successful, and you will be issued exam and/or four-figure table token(s)
- Locate a Registration Point: To register, you have to visit any approved cybercafes operators registration points. Visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng to help you locate one near you.
- Register Offline: Register by providing your information, including pictures, fingerprints and subjects you wish to sit for.
- Print Your Photocard: Provide your token to upload your data. Once the system verifies your token, you will be issued a photo card with your registration number and details.
NOTE: To upload candidates’ data to the NECO portal online and obtain examination numbers, a candidate must be registered and either have an online account or have it created for him/her by a cyber café. Log in to the created account and purchase registration token(s).
SSCE External Registration Token
The Registration Token is used by candidates to register for the SSCE External Exam, either by themselves or through a Registration Point. Before a candidate can sit for the SSCE External Exam, they need to Purchase a Registration Token. A candidate can purchase his/her Registration Token from their accounts or go to the nearest Registration Point.
General Information for GCE Registration 2023 External Candidates
- The Registration fee, once paid, is not refundable.
- The use of reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the Council will not be liable for registration errors committed by candidates. (A list of suggested cyber cafes nationwide where candidates can log on to register are available on the NECO website – Internet Service Operators – or are physically on display at our State offices nationwide.)
- Candidates should carefully follow the instructions on the online scratch card before registration.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses before registration.
- Candidates should note that their uploaded image/photograph during the registration will be embossed on their certificates.
- Smoking, cellular phones, and other electronic communication devices are not allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates should dress in mufti, and no one will be allowed entry into the examination hall with arms.
- Multiple entries are not allowed. Candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled.
- Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another card.
- Please note that No candidate shall be allowed into an examination hall once an examination commences.
- Wearing of face mask in the exam hall is compulsory.
- Social and physical distancing in the examination hall or classroom will be strictly enforced/observed.
If you have any questions regarding the GCE 2023 registration, feel free to drop a comment below this page and we will attain to it.
Be the first to comment