Are you trying to pursue a career in hotel sales or an equivalent field? Congratulations on your decision to continue your studies! The HSMAI Foundation continues to show interest in students interested in hospitality or related fields and who wish to pursue studies in a related field. The organization offers the best future opportunity to these students and helps them to further their careers.
Its objective is to help students achieve their dream by providing them with the necessary assistance. The HSMAI Foundation’s Mike Dimond Scholarship Program 2021 aims to provide financial support to students who work hard to achieve their goals and show an interest in hospitality.
Mike Dimond was well known as one of America’s top hotel marketing executives, demonstrating excellent service to the industry in senior positions including the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. . Mike Dimond is a member of the HSMAI Hall of Fame and is honored as one of the “25 Most Extraordinary Minds in Hospitality and Travel”. The 2021 HSMAI Foundation Mike Dimond Scholarship was created by his family to expand and improve the educational opportunities available to hospitality students interested in following in his footsteps.
Take a look at the table below to learn more about the scholarship:
|Number of Awards||2|
|Application Status||May 1, 2021|
|Requirement||Application, recommendation letter|
Who May Be Eligible
Students are encouraged to meet the eligibility criteria before applying:
- The student must demonstrate work experience in the hotel industry.
- The student must have a good academic performance.
- The student must be admitted in full as a student in an accredited post-secondary hospitality program.
- Students must intend to pursue a career in hotel sales, marketing, or revenue optimization.
How to Apply
Students can send their applications by email to or: Kathleen Tindell email@example.com, accompanying all required documents by the due date. Students should not make mistakes in the application. Ultimately, requests received will directly result in rejection. Late submissions will not be considered.
Submit the following documents with the request:
- The candidate must submit a full application with a CV.
- The student must present proof of acceptance into an accredited study program.
- The scholarship holder must provide the current transcripts that will be requested from the finalists.
- Students must provide a personal essay.
The scholarship will reduce the burden of student spending. The amount should only be used to pay the freight of student expenses such as tuition, fees, books and other student requirements. This scholarship motivates students to achieve their goals and overcomes obstacles. The scholarship application process is too simple. Two students will receive a scholarship of $ 1,500 each.
Submissions are currently being accepted on May 1, 2021, so submit your application before the deadline.