Are you planning to pursue post-secondary education? You should go for these Authentic Gammon History Scholarships, which Washburns Norlands runs for all high school students in Androscoggin, Franklin, Oxford, or Kennebec counties. The Washburns Norlands are deeply concerned with the growth and development of the younger generation and the preservation of their history. They do their best to provide the best educational opportunity for all deserving students who can preserve their great history.
Washburns Norlands aims to provide appropriate assistance and advice to young people. They put their efforts into helping students to do their best academically and not worry about the expense of reaching their goals. Washburn Norlands preserves its heritage and uses methods of living history to make the values, activities, and issues of the past relevant to present and future generations.
Norlands is Maine’s oldest living history center and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Norlands has a developed living history museum and a working farm where costumed performers represent real people who lived in the Norlands neighborhood in the 19th century. To maintain its past year’s history, the organization assists students seeking post-secondary education in the historical stream.
Please see the following table for more information on the scholarship:
|Educational Level||High school|
|Number of Awards||2|
|Application Deadline||June 30, 2021|
Who May Be Eligible
Please check the requirements listed below before applying for scholarships:
- Applicants must be eligible high school students from Androscoggin, Franklin, Oxford, or Kennebec counties.
- The scholarship recipient must plan to enroll in post-secondary studies in the historical stream.
- Applicants for the Norlands Spruce Mountain High School Scholarship are eligible for the scholarship.
- The candidate should have good academic history.
- Students must submit the completed application to be eligible for the scholarship.
How to Apply
The candidate must not forget to provide all the documents attesting to his abilities and his eligibility for the scholarship with the duly completed application. The request should be submitted by email, converted into a PDF file and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Norlands Living History Center 290 Norlands Road Livermore, ME 04253. No late or incomplete request will be considered.
The applicant must submit the following documents with the application:
- Applicants must submit the completed application including cell phone number and email address.
- The scholar must submit the date of high school and the date of graduation.
- The student must complete a 500-word essay answering the question HISTORY IS …
The scholarship should only be provided to pay for the academic needs of the students, such as tuition, fees, and other related costs. This scholarship motivates students to achieve their goals by overcoming obstacles. The process for these scholarships is straightforward. The scholarship develops the competitiveness of the students. A $ 1,000 scholarship will be awarded to two recipients.
Submissions are currently accepted until June 30, 2021. All scholarships have varying deadlines.